Selling our home is perhaps the most significant step we’ve taken toward the field since I quit my job nearly a year and a half ago. It’s also one of the scariest. I find myself continually facing the what ifs. What if the funding doesn’t come in by July? What if it never comes in? In recent weeks, God has been confronting me a lot with my failure to trust Him, and my need to try to do things my own way. This is another reminder of how quickly I get skittish when it comes time to really trust the Lord.
Some of you may have been sitting back so far. You felt the Lord tugging at you to support us, and have been meaning to. Maybe you’re waiting until we’re ready to leave, maybe you’re waiting to see if we’ll ever really go — yes, it seems like it’s taking forever to us too! Well, this is it. We have no fall back plan. I don’t have a job, shortly we won’t have a house. We’re throwing ourselves entirely on God’s plan. We know that He will deliver. We hope that, if you are a part of that plan, you’ll choose now. The giving doesn’t have to start until we go, but we have to know now, who is standing with us.